Thursday 5 February 2009

Iron Lung 03/June/07 Edinburgh Subway

Time for a stroll down memory lane with some unpublished photos. I used to put all my gig photos up on the ENZK site but my computer died and then it was a pain sorting files out as I lost my editing software and putting everything up using html was time consuming and I just kinda gave up. Still took photos just never did anything with them, so now I'm trawling through the archives and putting them up here.
So starting with the oldest dated folder first...
Third of June 2007 looks like I drove through to Edinburgh with (if I remember rightly) Rodi, Potter and Gav for this show. I'd never heard of Iron Lung but the Process and the mighty Atomgevitter were playing as well as Amok Atak. I'd seen Atomgevitter in a small crowded cellar in Edinburgh previously and was totally blown away so was going just for them, the rest were just icing. However the headliners Iron Lung turned out to be some really tasty icing. Heavy as hell and violently pummeling, fast powerviolence with discordant breaks, dual vocals snarled and shouted back and forth, the noise generated by just two guys was astounding. So here's some of the pics i took:







and here's a couple of their tunes to freak out to:
Iron Lung - Lost Appeal
Iron Lung - Polotics Of Science


More pics from the gig to come...

No comments: