Sunday 25 September 2016

Alkaline Trio - Somewhere in Glasgow

I'm presuming this was 2001 on the From Here To Infirmary tour.
I had no interest in going as it was in a big venue with a barrier and I've never enjoyed a gig in such a place and I wasn't particularly into the band, I thought they were alright butnothing I was desperate to go see. Rodi and the gang wanted to go and were paying for the petrol and entry if I drove so why the hell not?
I'm glad I went Matt's voice sounding amazing live and turned me on to the band in a big way.
I even went to see them next time round when they played the Barrowlands because I enjoyed them so much, unfortunately that was as shit an experience as any other gig I've gone to in the Barrowlands. And the band was a bit pants to boot. No I still prefer small clubs with no barriers after all cheers.
I didn't have a digital camera at this point and looks like I only had a couple of shots left on the film, snuck up to the balcony, which was pitch black and I nearly killed myself tripping over something, (maybe the body of the last person that went up there?) and got these two shots using my point and click camera I had found in the street many years before.



No comments: